Friday, August 26, 2011

First Days


We're settling into our new routine here at the Buffalo Ranch. Alice started school.
Real school.
In an actual school.
With buses and classrooms and older kids and everything.

She's doing great!


She wouldn't stand still for the standard I'm-in-my-backpack-standing-in-front-of-the-front-door photo, so I had to catch her on-the-go. Here she's showing Mama a stick that she found. You can see that she's also carrying the ever-present pig. She actually leaves him... uh, her--the original, male, anatomically correct pig was lost on vacation and has been replaced by this female, anatomically correct pig--in the car without complaint when we get to school.


Alice's first days of school also mean my first days on my new studio schedule. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love it. I get to spend about three hours in the morning working in my studio and then I go pick up Alice from school, we have a lovely lunch together, she goes down for a nap, and I get to go back to my studio. 
When nap time is over, we play for a little bit, go pick up big sister from 3rd grade (she wouldn't stand still long enough for a picture either!) and play some more.
Bliss I tell you!

xo


3 comments:

  1. Davina TessierAugust 26, 2011

    That's fantastic! Alice is such a little doll!! So happy for all of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! i'm so glad the new arrangement is working out for all of you!

    ReplyDelete