Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Trees and Such

So I'm home today with my sweet wee-one who's fighting a bad cold (it's almost always bad when she gets one since she suffers from asthma). But she's doing fine, busily playing with her Little People farm.


Anyway, thought I'd take the opportunity to post some photos!


Last weekend we got a tree and decorated it. I tried to take some pictures, but as you can see, Alice didn't think there should be any that didn't include her:



She's such an adorable (and wheezy) little goofball!


Our other little goofball lost a tooth last night! But she was at her dad's so I haven't had a chance to take any pictures (or even see it for myself) yet. Speaking of the artsy one (who wants a sewing machine for Christmas so she can make stuffed animals!), here's what she and Cynthia made before we got our real tree:



Very Seussian, don't you think?


And as for what I've been making, I finished a very special custom order this week. It was commissioned by an old friend (one whom I've never actually met in person, but we've been friends through the magic of the internet for over 8 years now!) as a gift for her mother, who, as my friend put it, "kicked cancer's ass" :





Amazonite and sterling (each component sawed by hand). It was such an honor to be a part of the creation of this piece.


I was hoping to add at least a few more lower-priced items to the shop before the Christmas shipping deadlines pass but I have a final paper due AND a final exam on Monday, plus a couple of other custom pieces in the works, so I'm not sure how much else I'll get done. But you never know!


Okay, gotta run, apparently Alice needs someone to make cow noises.


xo



note: It totally looks like I photoshopped Alice into that photo with the tree!! But I didn't, it just looks funny because the camera was focused on the tree and then she popped in just as I was snapping the image.

3 comments:

  1. Lynn aka MomDecember 08, 2010

    You are all sooo creative! I can't wait to see what Alice will be creating soon! That is certainly a gorgeous pendant, and I'm sure it will be worn proudly for a number of reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was just talking to your sweet goofball on monday about losing her teeth! i was there for lunch and the kids gave me the stats on who's lost what. i hope little goofball is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, Alice is more into deconstruction than construction, but I'm sure she'll find an artistic way to to do it! ;)

    Aimee, Aidan's teeth hold on FOREVER! I was shocked that this one finally came out with little fanfare. The last one was a traumatic event for all involved.

    ReplyDelete