Monday, November 15, 2010

Kansas, as big as you think.

You know that's the Kansas state motto, right? Yep.



We (actually, I think it was Foxy) spotted this handsome fellow on our Kansas City detour to Costco  on Saturday morning. It was on the side of an auto shop. The burly men who worked there seemed bemused by the fact that I was taking pictures of the wall. I'm sure they thought I was a (lost) tourist.


In shop news, I'm hoping to have a few new things for you by the end of this week. I didn't get any studio time over the weekend (busy going to Costco and taking pictures of auto shop murals and all) but last week I finished my very favorite piece EVER. I can't post pictures yet because it was a custom order and is going to be a gift for someone. Once she has seen it, I'll post the pictures. It's fabulous (if I do say so myself) and if I hadn't made it as a custom order I would have ended up keeping it for myself. My creative fire is stoked and I can't wait to get back in the studio!


See you tomorrow for list it Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Lynn aka MomNovember 15, 2010

    There's nothing like messing with the minds of burly men:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice spot, foxy! i love this! oh, you make the dirty drive to costco, too? glad we aren't the only ones! though i must say i always emerge with an armload of crap that i didn't know i needed until i saw it! can't wait to see the pics of the custom order!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Aimee, I hate Costco! Stephanie and I are always arguing over whether it's worth it. I say we spend way more than we can afford on stuff we wouldn't have otherwise bought but she insists they're good deals. Some things are, but we can never get out of there with just toilet paper and baby wipes!

    ReplyDelete