Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Another year older...

It's my birthday! Somehow, I've marked 34 lighting-quick years on this earth. Last night in our kitchen the conversation turned to a discussion of how old each of us actually felt. My answer, which was mocked as being random, was 24. But it's true. I don't feel as young as 23, but I don't feel like I should be approaching 30 yet either. See, not random at all! But, of course, the reality is that I'm getting close to approaching FORTY! Okay, let's not get ahead of ourselves... I'm still in my early 30s. Right?


Ahem.


Last night I got to spend a delightful 3 hours in my studio, uninterrupted by waking babies (thanks to our lovely new roommate!) or homework or household duties. I feel creatively refreshed today! My studio's like a spa for my artistic spirit.


And I finished another piece. This one will be in the shop sometime later today:




Rusticated sterling silver bangle bracelet with sleeping beauty turquoise and rhodochrosite charms. And of course my buffalo stamp on the back of the turquoise piece.  The charms play like chimes as it dangles about your wrist. Jingle jangle.


Oh, and I wanted to share this with you! Guess what the foxy one came across as she was walking up the steps to her building last week:



It's a fox!! Right in front of the door to her office building! There's a whole family of them living in the bushes to the right of this walkway. I told her he came out to greet her because he felt her fabulously foxy kindred spirit!


Okay, I'm off to enjoy birthday festivities. Homemade cranberry upside down cake awaits...




2 comments: